Explore the far reaches of the Earth aboard Albatros Expeditions’ Ocean Atlantic. First reached just over one hundred years ago and preserved by the Antarctic Treaty, the seventh continent still embodies a spirit of thrilling discovery—from the abundant wildlife to the craggy glaciers jutting from the Antarctic waters. Spend two days immersed in Argentinian culture with an included two-night Pre-Cruise Program. In the rhythmic city of Buenos Aires, say bienvenidos to tango and tapas and see La Recoleta Cemetery, then fly to Ushuaia—the “City at the End of the World.” Here, snow-capped mountains peak at the edge of the Beagle Channel, and Tierra del Fuego National Park invites you to hike among waterfalls and woodpeckers. Then set off for your Antarctic expedition. Cross the famed Drake Passage and make your way toward the South Shetland Islands where you’ll see penguins jump up and onto ice floes. As the white shimmer of Antarctica looms in the distance, keep an eye out for petrels and whales. The Antarctic Peninsula is an icy wonderland. Inquisitive seals pose for prize-winning pictures, and stealthy orcas glide nearby. Feel the crunch of ice beneath your feet as you explore the seventh continent up close.
Please note, this is a sample itinerary and is subject to change.
- Included 2-night Go Next Pre-Cruise Program in Buenos Aires and Ushuaia
- Transfers from airport to hotel (on group travel date only)
- 9-night Antarctic cruise aboard the Ocean Atlantic
- Round-trip coach flights from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia with transfers to and from ship
- Zodiac shore landings and mini-cruises
- English-speaking expedition team
- Lectures and onboard activities guided by an experienced expedition team
- All daily meals and afternoon tea aboard Ocean Atlantic
- Use of rubber boots while on your voyage
- 3-in-1 expedition jacket set
- Gym facilities and sauna on board
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and water throughout the cruise
- Private Go Next reception including hot and cold canapés and beverages
- Services of an experienced Go Next Program Manager
- Go Next on-call support
- Kayaking available for an additional cost
General Mobility Statement:
This expedition is intended for persons in reasonably good health. Passengers who rely on wheelchairs or who are not fit for long trips for any reason, including disability, heart, or other health conditions, are not advised to join the tour, as it would entail unreasonable risk to the health and safety of you and others on the expedition. The vessel is not equipped to comfortably accommodate wheelchairs or motorized scooters. All guests are required to sign a medical information sheet before boarding to inform the medical personnel on board about any illnesses, allergies, or conditions to be kept in mind during the voyage.
January 18: Depart for Argentina
January 19: Buenos Aires, Argentina
January 20: Buenos Aires/Ushuaia, Argentina
January 21: Ushuaia, Argentina
January 22: At Sea/Drake Passage Crossing
January 23: At Sea/Drake Passage Crossing
January 24: South Shetland Islands
January 25: South Shetland Islands
January 26: Antarctic Peninsula
January 27: Antarctic Peninsula
January 28: Depart Antarctica/At Sea
January 29: At Sea
January 30: Ushuaia/Buenos Aires, Argentina
PricingAll prices listed in USD.
Category F suites range from 194 to 226 square feet. These large inside cabins have triple accommodation capacity, featuring a double or two single beds as well as a fold-out single bed. Suites also come equipped with a spacious sitting area and a bathroom with a bathtub.
Category E suites range from 194 to 226 square feet. These spacious inside cabins are outfitted with a double or two single beds, a private sitting area, and a bathroom with a bathtub.
Category D suites range from 118 to 129 square feet. Each suite in this category has two single beds, a private bathroom, and a porthole.
Category C suites range from 129 to 140 square feet. These standard cabins come equipped with two single beds, a private bathroom, and a window.
Category B suites range from 215 to 248 square feet. Suites are outfitted with a double bed or two single beds. Some suites have a sofa bed which enables accommodations for triple capacity. Each room is equipped with windows and a private bathroom.
Category A suites range from 205 to 258 square feet. Each room features a double bed or two single beds, a private sitting area, a bathroom, and windows.
These 377-square-foot, two-room suites are outfitted with either a large double bed or two twin beds. Each suite has an elegantly decorated living room, a spacious private bathroom, and windows.
Go Next Pre- & Post-Cruise Programs
Enhance your cruise experience and discover the highlights of Iguazu Falls that you might otherwise miss. This carefully crafted program includes an ideally located hotel, specially arranged sightseeing tours featuring cultural and historic sites, professional guides, and exceptional concierge support from an on-location Go Next Program Manager.
Iguazu Falls Post-Cruise Program
Jan 30 – Feb 1 • $1,399 per person, double occupancy; $1,699, single occupancy
- Round-trip flight between Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls
- 2 nights at the 4-star Mercure Iguazu Hotel Iru, with breakfast
- Full-day tour of the Argentine side of Iguazu Falls, featuring:
– Tour of Iguazu Falls: a massive collection of over 275 individual cascades that splits open the rain forest and remains the largest waterfall system on Earth
– Train-based eco tour of the surrounding rain forest
– Boat ride up the Iguazu River and into the Devil’s Throat Canyon
- Included gratuities
- Transfers between the cruise ship, hotel, and airports with related luggage handling (on group travel days)
Note: Due to safety concerns, the following individuals are restricted from participating in the tour of Iguazu Falls: pregnant women, individuals with back ailments or bone problems such as osteoporosis, individuals with heart problems or lung ailments, individuals who have had a stroke in the past year, and any individuals who are physically unable to respond to nautical emergencies in the river, including those who are hearing impaired.
The Post-Cruise Program pricing and tour details are subject to change without prior notice.
N/A for US & Canadian passport holders
|201 days or more||=||$500 per person|
|200-121 days||=||$1500 per person|
|120-91 days||=||$50% of total fare|
|90-61 days||=||$75% of total fare|
|60 days or less||=||100% of total fare|
|121 days or more||=||$500 per person|
|120-61 days||=||$600 per person|
|60-0 days||=||100% of total fare|