Jewels of the Rhine with Lucerne
Live your best life on this 7-night river cruise through Switzerland, Germany, France, and the Netherlands aboard Emerald Cruises’ Emerald Sky. Begin your adventure with an included 2-night pre-cruise program in Lucerne and take a cable car and ice flyer to the magnificent Mount Titlis. Embark in Basel and set out for Breisach, a lovely German town resting amongst rolling vineyards.
Visit Strasbourg’s wine cellars and half-timbered homes in “La Petite France,” and hike beneath the Black Forest evergreen canopy of Grimm’s Fairy Tales. Lace up your hiking boots for a tour of Heidelberg Castle’s Renaissance ruins and enjoy the refreshing white wines of the Moselle Valley’s terraced vineyards. Snap photos of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Cologne’s Gothic twin-spired cathedral, and take in the city’s medieval history. Spend a full day in Amsterdam and cruise the canals fronted by stately Dutch Golden Age mansions.
- 2-night Pre-Cruise Program hotel stay at 4-star Hotel Flora, Lucerne—with breakfast, services of a Go Next Program Manager and an expert local guide, and transfers from the Emerald Sky
- Lucerne Pre-Cruise Program walking city tour and half-day excursion to Mount Titlis (includes cable car and ice flyer tickets over glacier park), and private transfers
- 7 nights aboard the Emerald Sky, with all onboard meals and gratuities
- Roundtrip coach airfare – airport transfers on group travel days
- Complimentary excursions in each port, as well as guided hikes, bike rides, and other outings
- Private Go Next Reception
- Complimentary beer, wine, and soft drinks to accompany lunch and dinner
- Unlimited coffee from state-of-the-art coffee machines and bottled water restocked daily in your cabin
- Onboard entertainment
- Complimentary internet, individual climate control and flat-screen TVs in every suite and stateroom
- Gracious service from a friendly staff
- Smart-casual attire throughout your voyage: no formal wear required
July 6: Depart U.S. for Zurich, Switzerland
July 7: Lucerne, Switzerland (Hotel)
July 8: Lucerne, Switzerland (Hotel)
July 9: Basel, Switzerland - Embark
July 10: Breisach, Germany
July 11: Kehl, Germany/Strasbourg, France
July 12: Ludwigshafen - Heidelberg
July 13: Koblenz, Germany
July 14: Cologne, Germany
July 15: Amsterdam, Netherlands
July 16: Amsterdam, Netherlands
More time and peace of mind. Don’t just wave at your port city from the deck—extend your trip with an overnight land stay and city exploration. Spend more time with your feet on the ground and immerse yourself in local culture with engaging tours led by an expert travel guide. Let us handle the logistics of your airport transportation, luggage handling, and so much more, so you can worry less and go all in on your vacation.
This two-night Lucerne Pre-Cruise Program features 2 nights hotel accommodations in Lucerne, a Lucerne walking city tour, a half-day excursion to Mount Titlis (including cable car ticket and ice flyer ticket over glacier park) and private transfers.
With breakfast, services of a Go Next Program Manager and a local guide, and transfer to airport.
The Pre – and/or Post-Cruise Program pricing, itineraries, and accommodations are subject to change.
If you are not a citizen of the United States or Canada, it is your responsibility to consult with a professional immigration counsel or contact your nearest Embassy or Consulate to obtain the latest, up-to-date information on immigration and entry requirements for the destinations you will be visiting.
If you change your plans or cancel, your rights to a refund are limited. Submit a written cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of a written cancellation from you, the following fees will apply (as indicated in days prior to tour commencement - cancellation charge (per person).
|90 days or more||=||$500 per person|
|89-60 days||=||35% per person|
|59-30 days||=||50% per person||29-0 days||=||100% of total fare|
|126 days or more||=||no penalty|
|125-61 days||=||25% penalty of total, per program|
|60-0 days||=||100% penalty of total, per program|