With over thirty years of experience providing superior-quality polar voyages, Albatros Expeditions develops sustainable explorations that focus on education, active exploration, and transformative experiences. The newly renovated Ocean Atlantic is the perfect vessel for expedition cruising in Antarctic waters. With elegant common areas and accommodations for just 198 passengers, it is one of the strongest ships operating in Antarctica today. Transit the famed Drake Passage, snap photos of wildlife from the large panel windows on the observation deck, and experience Antarctic expeditions aboard the ship’s fleet of 20 Zodiac watercrafts. The Ocean Atlantic’s high maneuverability and strong engines allow for extended voyages through narrow channels, in between icebergs, and into isolated fjords, creating a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Intimate ship, catering to just 198 guests
- The Ocean Atlantic provides an exceptionally comfortable ride with an ice-strengthened hull, 4 engines, and 2 stabilizers
- Elegant common areas with large panel windows and comfortable seating for watching whales, birds, and penguins
- Private rooms stylishly appointed with bathroom facilities, individual temperature controls, and TV; most rooms outfitted with a porthole or window
- Exploration- and education-based lectures in the Viking theater on the natural treasures of the region
- Shore landings at penguin rookeries, research stations, and other Antarctic wonders
- Expert onboard team of lecturers and expedition guides consisting of naturalists, marine biologists, geologists, glaciologists, ornithologists and wildlife researchers
- Bright, spacious restaurant with 4-star international cuisine prepared by a professional chef
- Two well-stocked, professionally staffed bars
- Nordic Coffee Bar & Library offering a range of multilingual books and DVDs to broaden understanding of the region’s history, flora, fauna, climate, scientific contributions, and more
- Abundant common-use space to enjoy the ever-changing landscapes, including a panoramic lounge and outdoor observation decks
- 20 Zodiac watercrafts for daily excursions; each craft seats up to 12 passengers comfortably
- Boutique offering a range of warm and practical clothing, souvenirs, local art, and postcards
- Spacious mudroom for keeping boots, jackets, hats, mittens, and other outdoor gear
- All daily meals and afternoon tea included
- Complimentary Go Next 3-in-1 expedition jacket set
- Use of rubber boots while on your voyage
- Photography workshop
- Gym facilities and sauna onboard
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and water throughout the cruise
- Private Go Next reception including hot and cold canapés and beverages
- Services of an experienced Go Next Program Manager
- Go Next on-call support
These 377-square-foot, two-room suites are outfitted with either a large double bed or two twin beds. Each suite has an elegantly decorated living room, a spacious private bathroom, and windows.
Category A suites range from 205 to 258 square feet. Each room features a double bed or two single beds, a private sitting area, a bathroom, and windows.
Category B suites range from 215 to 248 square feet. Suites are outfitted with a double bed or two single beds. Some suites have a sofa bed which enables accommodations for triple capacity. Each room is equipped with windows and a private bathroom.
Category C suites range from 129 to 140 square feet. These standard cabins come equipped with two single beds, a private bathroom, and a window.
Category D suites range from 118 to 129 square feet. Each suite in this category has two single beds, a private bathroom, and a porthole.
Category E suites range from 194 to 226 square feet. These spacious inside cabins are outfitted with a double or two single beds, a private sitting area, and a bathroom with a bathtub.
Category F suites range from 194 to 226 square feet. These large inside cabins have triple accommodation capacity, featuring a double or two single beds as well as a fold-out single bed. Suites also come equipped with a spacious sitting area and a bathroom with a bathtub.
Category G suites range from 97 to 107 square feet. These cabins feature one single bed, a private bathroom, and a porthole.